The 2014 Margaret River Gourmet Escape, presented by Siemens home appliances, is set to wow with a plethora of new faces to the stellar line up and an impressive collection of new events taking place in the forest, in vineyards, at the beach and even out at sea showcasing the extraordinary produce and beauty of the region.
With appearances by the world’s most respected chefs, including the man himself, Heston Blumenthal and offering more events than ever before, the three-day festival is on from 21-23 November. Tickets f go on sale Thursday 17th July through Ticketek.
What’s new and unmissable for 2014? Here we go…
- Michelin Greats at Voyager Estate – A truly exceptional experience, Heston Blumenthal will be bringing a taste of The Fat Duck outside of the UK restaurant to Margaret River at Voyager Estate. Heston will be joined by Jonny Lake, Sat Bains, Clare Smyth and Voyager
- Estate head chef Nigel Harvey in creating a dining experience offering the best in WA produce matched with outstanding wines from the region. Heston and Jonny will be serving the renowned Fat Duck ‘Botrytis Cinerea’ dessert dish – a wonderful showcase of food and wine working in harmony to create a world acclaimed dish.
- Feast in the Forest – A carnivore’s dream and bringing to life farm-to-fork style eating, guests will enjoy feasting on menus created by the likes of Paul West, Darren Robertson, Matt Wilkinson, Ben Milgate and Elvis Abrahanowicz, as whole animals are slow cooked over the coals in the fire pit. All this will take place at the Leeuwin Estate’s Safari Club, an authentic Aussie barn in a beautiful forest setting.
- An International Cabernet Celebration at Cape Mentelle: Long Lunch with the World’s Best – Starting with an around-the-world cabernet journey, hosted by esteemed wine writer James Halliday, guests will taste 20 of the globe’s best drops from the finest cabernet producing regions, including stars such as Château Haut-Brion from Bordeaux alongside the best from the Napa Valley, Tuscany, Margaret River and wider Australia. An indulgent lunch will follow, prepared by Jacques Reymond and Hadleigh Troy in the beautiful surroundings of the Cape Mentelle estate and complemented by the incredible cabernets.
- Eagle Bay Brewing Co + el Público Long Table Fiesta– A taste of Mexico will head to the Eagle Bay Brewing Company when Perth’s el Publico creates a one off dinner of expertly matched food, beer and Mezcal. A limited edition beer will be brewed specifically for this event and will also be available over the weekend at the Gourmet Village.
- Food for Thought presented by Breville – Created for avid thinkers and talkers eager to join in on conversations with thought leaders of the culinary world. This series of events will take place on the beautiful lawns of Voyager Estate as guests enjoy a gourmet tasting plate and lively discussions on thought provoking topics.
- Siemens Collaboration Series Dinners – These series of dinners are never seen before collaborations between international, Australian and local Margaret River chefs who’s specially created menus will be complemented with fascinating discussions and a flawless wine list
- The buzzing heart of the festival, the Gourmet Village, will house exciting new features including a the Gourmet Village Brewhouse, whiskey and bacon tastings, regional pavilions, wine table talks and the new VIP experience in the Escape Lounge.
Tickets for all events go on sale Thursday 17th July through Ticketek.
For more information on holidaying in Western Australia, visit www.westernaustralia.com